Everyone passes through Halloween, and every family must prepare adequate candy for children, otherwise, they may bear the mischief of the troubled muna. Why not cake and pumpkin cakes, but candy? Why do children eat candy to eat and take the household on Halloween? This starts with a festival more than 2,000 years ago.
On October 31st, groups of children will flow to the street, and find sugar with pumpkin-shaped baskets and pillowcases. As a synonym for Halloween, the tradition of “Trick or Treat” has experienced hundreds of years before it has evolved like this. So how does this festival become a chance to get free candy? You can attribute it to the pagan, Catholic and candy company.
The Origin Of Halloween
Historians agreed that the Celtics celebrating the Samong Festival of the autumn harvest is the predecessor of modern Halloween. The Sawen Festival is the last time to celebrate the harvest of the year, and it is also a festival to meet the winter. The Sawen Festival is still commemorating the deceased’s festival. One of the Celtics’ soothing ways that are still hovering in the world may be to leave food at their doorstep.
When Catholics invaded Ireland in the 1st century, many festivals of pagans began to transform many pagans to adapt them to their religion. On November 1st, it became the Wanling Festival. This new festival is different from the original festivals of the Celtics, but many of the Celtics’ traditions have been preserved, including food to commemorate the behavior of the deceased. The holiday food chosen by Christians is called “soul cake”, which is a snack with expensive ingredients and seasonings such as red vinegar and saffron.
Christians did not put the “soul cake” at the door for ghosts. Instead, they were distributed to those who were begging from house to house. These beggars promised to pray for the soul of the deceased in exchange for food. Sometimes the beggars also put on the costumes of the sage. The first pagan was to put on this costume to avoid being entangled by the evil spirits. It is believed that the ritual of this “Solin” buried seeds for modern “no sugar”.
The Development Of Halloween
When the European festivals migrated to the United States, the “Soli” custom did not stay. In the United States, the original Halloween celebration was to commemorate the harvest season at the end of the year. The festival food was mainly self-made seasonal food, such as caramel apples and assorted nuts. At that time, there was no soul cake or candy.
It wasn’t until the 1950s that “it was troublesome to make sugar” and it became popular in the United States. After the Great Depression and the end of World War II, the suburbs of the United States began to flourish. People wanted to find music and meet with neighbors. As a result, the old custom of “Solie” revived, and gave children an excuse to dress up and wander in the neighborhood. What is prepared for “Tricks Tricks” usually includes nuts, coins and homemade baked foods.
Later, the candy company stretched its hand to this festival, and the situation changed. Candy vendors have convinced consumers that they need to eat candy on Christmas and Easter, so they start looking for a good opportunity to market candy in autumn. The new custom of “not giving sugar” is good luck for them. The manufacturer has reduced the candy packaging, packed the small candy one by one, and sold it as food for Halloween. Adults are fortunate that you can buy such a convenient snack without baking. Children like the taste of this candy, and the candy company has made a lot of money.
To this day, it is difficult to imagine that there is no rainbow sugar, chocolate sticks, and Halloween controversial corn sugar. But in October this year, when you eat a bag or a bowl of Halloween candy, don’t forget that what you might have eaten is “soul cake”.
Halloween Candies Type
There are many different types of Halloween candy for us to choose from, but which one is the least damage to children’s teeth? As a parent, it is normal to worry about which sugar you want to pick for children will eat after Halloween. At the same time, when the children next door are split, the healthiest one should also be selected.
Beeper sugar is very bad for teeth. Dried fruit candy is similar to cowhide. The acid candy is very acidic and can easily damage the enamel of the teeth. Snacks such as corn sugar, oatmeal rolls, cookies, cakes, etc. can cause cavities.
It is recommended to use the following candy, so you can eat it appropriately:
- Sugar-free candy does not contain sugar, so bacteria cannot use them to cause tooth decay. At the same time, when eating them, it will stimulate saliva secretion. This is a natural but incomplete oral cleaning.
- Hard candy also promotes saliva secretion and does not stick to teeth. But it is important to remember that they contain many sugar that can cause cavities.
- Cheese sticks, or any kind of cheese have basic characteristics containing alkaline substances (opposite to acidic). It will neutralize acidic food in the mouth and make tooth decay more difficult.
- Sugar-free gum stimulates saliva secretion, just like sugar-free candy, providing a natural but incomplete cleaning for the teeth. The sugar-free gum and sugar-free candy containing lignol will even be better because the slowdown of this artificial sugar will cause the metabolism of the bacteria of tooth decay. Remember, it is not recommended to chew the sugar-free gum for more than 15 to 20 minutes, otherwise, it may hurt the chin.
- Black chocolate sugar, but its tooth decay effect is smaller because chocolate will quickly dissolve and not stick to teeth. According to some academic research, dark chocolate is an antioxidant, which is good for the heart and can even reduce blood pressure. In addition to candy, there are a few things to eat on Halloween: Pumpkin School, and Apple.